Saturday, March 23, 2013

An apology & some updates

So, I had an email exchange with the reporter about the Flashes of Hope article & I came away from it feeling ok (used, but ok). She initially apologized for disappointing me, which showed me that she really didn't get what I was trying to say. Normally, I am not very good at self-advocacy, but in this case, I really didn't let it go until I felt like she was hearing what I had to say. I felt emotionally exploited and that made me angry. At the end of it, I think I got my point across and no longer feel the need to completely boycott The Dispatch.


*******
Updates:

1. Run/jog/walk 1000 miles. Current status: 182.59/1000.

Two weeks in a row I have been over my weekly mileage goal - 20 more weeks like this & I am caught up! But I don't know how many more 28+ mileage weeks I can handle!


2. Read 100 books. Current Status: 15/100

This week I have read:  My Sister and I: We are Survivors by J. Jackson Owensby; The Truth About Butterflies: A Memoir by Nancy Stephan; Homo sarcasmus - On the Origin of the Species by Heath L. Buckmaster; & The Compass of Pleasure by David Linden

3. Lose 25 pounds. Current status: 6.8/25. Stagnant 2 weeks in a row. Better than going up I suppose & still on track.

4. Get more organized. No comment


5. Make one new recipe per week. Current status: 12/52


Made this for dessert the other night: http://www.kitchenscoop.com/recipes/strawberry-cream-cheese-cobbler YUMMY!

Made this for breakfast on Friday: http://www.myfridgefood.com/viewrecipe.php?recipe=20173 Found the recipe on pinterest where it claimed to have only 56 calories. Well, that is a big fat lie, but it was good and not too un-healthy!May even try it without the peanut butter sometime - just banana & chocolate!

Until next time,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment