Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Just another boring update!

Haven't felt great the last few days. Mostly just blah. Weary.
 
Kind of matches my mood. Cameron's 14th birthday was Sunday. I spent the day feeling sorry for myself. Would have drank some wine if I had the energy to open it up.
 
Updates:

1. Run/jog/walk 1000 miles. Current status: 121.2/1000. I am still WAY behind on this goal!

2. Current Status: 10/100

Finished reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. I liked this book way better than the other one. The characters were not as well developed as I would have liked, but at least I could follow this story.

Also read Asylum (The Birch Harbor Series) by Kristen Selleck. Totally not my kind of book. A young adult, super natural book. It was ok.
 
Not sure what is up next. Guess when I grab my kindle tonight, whatever looks good on the 1st screen will win!

3. Lose 25 pounds. Current status: 6.4/25. The scales went the wrong way last week, so I had ground to make up! Still on target with this goal though.

4. Get more organized. No progress this week.

5. Make one new recipe per week. Current status: 9/52

 
Made these:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Roasted-Asparagus-365157

and this for dinner last weekend:

http://www.ducksnarow.com/2012/10/classic-apple-crisp-recipe.html

Both were successes & will find their way into the dinner rotation.

Until next time (& hopefully it will be more interesting),
Lori

2 comments:

  1. If I could take some of your heartbreak away, I would...or I could just help you open the wine bottles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthdays are tough days, and you do what you need to do to get through them. Hope you're feeling Cameron close to you these days!

    ReplyDelete