Monday, January 21, 2013

My 2013 goals

Just realized I never posted these. Somehow, posting them keeps me more honest! Certainly not listing 40 this year, but still going to make an effort for change!

1. Run/jog/walk 1000 miles. Current status: 26/1000.

I realize that this is a repeat goal - I fell short last year. :( I got sick mid-November and didn't really feel well until about 2 weeks ago. My total miles for 2012 were 850.3. I am already running behind (heehee!) with only 26 miles logged (should be closer to 55 at this point) but am just getting started on a half-marathon training plan so hopefully I will catch up soon.

2. Read 100 books. Current status: 3/100

Two books a week. Lofty, but I *should* be able to do this. Working on #4 right now - OVERWEIGHT - A Novel by Nathan Anthony. So far, it is an interesting read about the earth being thrown off its axis by too many overweight Americans. Have also read Some are Sicker than Others by Andrew Seaward, The Forgotten by David Baldacci and The Racketeer by John Grisham. I am addicted to the site ereaderlove.com where free Kindle books are loaded everyday. Links take you to Amazon so it appears trustworthy. I now have in the neighborhood of 1,800 books stored on my kindle so I'd better get reading before I run out of space!

3. Lose 25 pounds. Current status: 0.8/25

That is only 2 pounds per month. Doable? Hasn't been the last 2 years so we shall see! I would hate to be one of those who tips the earth off its axis....

4. Get more organized.

This one will be harder to measure. Maybe I should count up the closets and drawers in my house and office that need cleaned out!

Maybe next year, I will come up with 10 items, but these 4 are it for now!

What I didn't write down were other intentions like blood donations, charitable donations, increased family activities so hopefully 2013 will be a great year!



Until next time,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment