Monday, January 21, 2013

Biggest Loser: Love it or hate it?

It is turning into quite the controversial show. Even in my small little corner of the world, I hear quite the number of people expressing their feelings about this show and very few are in the middle. They tend to love or to hate this show. I fall in the love category. I have watched it from the beginning. The transformations have been amazing and inspiring. I do, however, believe that Jillian Michaels hates me! It is obvious by the sheer torture of those dvd's she puts out!

I have also watched the reunions where several have gained back their weight. Just like real life. I have read over & over that the majority of folks who lose weight gain it all back. The show is not to blame for that though some would like to blame them instead of taking responsibility for their own choices.

Last week, Dr. H was doing what he does - reviewing each contestant's medical test results, which is generally bad & scary making many of them cry for the camera. But then, he said something that has stuck with me & I have thought about it all week long. It went something like this:

"If I told you that you had lymphoma, could you find an hour a day for chemotherapy? Well, I am telling you that heart disease and if you don't lose the weight, you will die. Can you not find an hour a day for exercise?" 

Hmmm. I don't think my situation is quite so dire, but why do I make so many excuses? Why can I not find 30 minutes to exercise? How much could I have done in the time that I have spent typing in this blog???

Until next time, I am off to the treadmill!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment