Sunday, January 29, 2012

95 years


Today would have been my grandfather's 95th birthday. The above picture is one of the fcw I have of him as a young man. He was a big, strong teddy bear. A kind & gentle soul. He never drank, smoked or cursed. (I know some of you are wondering how I came from this, but.....) He died in February 1999, just a few weeks before Cameron was born. I used to be so sad at all that Grandpa was missing. Then, I was jealous of all that he was missing. Now, I take comfort that he & mom are taking care of Cameron for me.

1 comment:

  1. The circle of life. I hope I can come to terms with it as you have. I continue to be surprised and admire the wisdom which belies that impish, mischievous, bubbly personality (that you've also passed on to Sam). I often feel a smidgen, just a smidgen mind you, of pity for Eric

    8^) Joe

    ReplyDelete