Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jinxed again!

I had recently bragged that I hadn't been really sick in quite sometime. Sure, I've had my share of colds but nothing major.

Until, Saturday night. Shouldn't be shocked given the sheer quantity of vomit I cleaned up last week. But still, I was caught off guard.

So much for my speed work-out on Sunday. The only running I was doing was from the couch to the bathroom, then I'd crawl back to my comfy spot under lots of blankets, nod off for a bit until it hit again, seemingly every hour for days and days and days......

Ok, that was an exaggeration. But it was miserable.

I'd like to say that I am all better and back to my routine. But, that would be a lie. I still feel drained. The smell of food disgusts me(hey - this may be my best diet plan yet!). The thought of slipping on those neglected running shoes exhausts me. I have not logged a mile in a full week. I am on my way to breaking my 67-week streak of at least 2 hours of exercise per week. (Thanks to SparkPeople for pointing that out to me!)

So, my goals for the upcoming weekend:
1) eat a regular meal without gagging,
2) lace up the shoes, take a quick nap then hop on the treadmill for a walk
3) take another nap & hope that I can start making up lost ground next week and
4) Pre-register for the Athens Half Marathon! (hey if I can walk a mile this weekend, I should be able to run 13.1 in 9 weeks right???)

Until next time,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment