Monday, April 2, 2012

I've come a LONG, LONG way!

I would have posted earlier, but I frankly did not have the strength! I was so exhausted all I could do was lay on the couch! I am still sore, but it is getting better!

This was taken minutes before the starting cannon. Yep - cannon. Even though I saw it ahead of time it still scared the crap out of me!





This was taken after the finish. I was proud to be able to stand up nearly straight!

So, me being me, I was immediately critical of my performance. Wishing that I could have taken off a few more minutes, wishing that I didn't feel as wiped as I did. Not basking in any congratulations, but feeling a bit embarassed instead.
Today, now that I am rested and hydrated, I have decided that I need to get over that. It has barely been 2 years when I went out for my first run & didn't even make it 3 miles. My first 5K was in May 2010 & I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to make it that far! But I did. And I did my 2nd 5K the very next day (poor planning on my part! I have since invested in a calendar ;)) I have probably participated in 20 5Ks, 2 10Ks and 2 Half Marathons since then! I love the race atmosphere. I still feel like a bit of an imposter at times, but no one ever makes me feel like that except for me. The running community is so supportive. I love being able to say that I am now a part of that.
Until next time,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment