Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ramblings of a crazy woman......

There are things we don't want to happen, but have to accept; things we don't want to know, but have to learn, and people we can't live without, but have to let go.

*****

Ramblings of a crazy woman should probably be the new name of my blog.... Seems like I am always a rambling crazy woman.

*****

Sometime over the summer I got a postcard from the eye doctor reminding me to schedule my 2 year appointment. I didn't. Got another reminder a few weeks ago. I called and accepted an appointment with their new doctor. Since I don't really have any eye issues it doesn't really matter to me who I see. (Ha! See!)

So, the new doctor was a young guy who was doing his best to make some small talk. He started by saying "I see you haven't been here since July 2008. I bet you've been too busy having the time of your life to come in here." My reaction: stare at him blankly for nearly a minute, then burst into tears. Poor guy didn't know what to do. I composed myself, explained why I hadn't been having the time of my life, watched him squirm in his chair and then I tried to change the subject. We talked a bit about Samantha and how she has never had a formal eye exam. I told him about her doctor phobia and how she just might burst into tears at the sight of a white coat, adding " I don't know where she gets that." We chuckled and got on with the exam.

I scheduled Samantha's appointment with him hoping to redeem myself a little bit. I hope I didn't forever ruin his bedside manner.

*****

Got in extra miles this week - trying to make up for the bottle of wine and dozen chocolate chip cookies.....

19.95 miles this week for a grand total of 176.84!

My poor feet can really feel it too. I am nursing some ugly blisters on my right foot. If anyone has any suggestions for prevention and/or treatment I am willing to try just about anything!

******

Items completed 9/38:
#1, #2, #5, #7, #8, #14, #22, #29, #38

Items in progress 12/38:
#10, #11, #15, #16, #17, #18, #23, #24, #28, #34, #35, #36

I may actually complete my list!

Until next time,
Lori

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and remembering Cameron! Yeah on the running...WTG

    ReplyDelete