Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dora's Revenge!

A few days ago, Samantha suddenly declared "Dora is dead to me." The very next morning, she woke up with a stomach bug. 48 hours of vomitting. In my bed in the middle of the night. Everywhere. Coincidence? I'm thinking Dora/Diego are very powerful.

**********************

Very early Friday morning (like 3am), I had stripped & cleaned my bed, started washing the bedding, cleaned the bathroom, washed puke out of Sam's hair and got her back to sleep on the couch. I, on the other hand, was wide awake. So, I decided to spend some time with my Kindle (which I happen to LOVE!). But, it would not turn on. I could get the screensaver, but it was otherwise frozen. Amazon customer service advertises 24-hour assistance so I called them up. Mind you I am near tears because I was exhausted, half sick myself from the cleaning up I had done and frustrated/worried that my precious Kindle was broken. I got a very sweet customer service rep who talked me through and talked me down. After 15 minutes or so, she figured it out and my Kindle was up & running. She paused a moment and stated "Oh, I see you are reading the Holy Bible." Half question, half statement. I could have tried to explain to her my birthday list and how I decided to read the Old Testament. Instead, I realized that I already sound like a lunatic in the middle of the night who is in tears because I can't read the bible. I thanked her and hung up.

*****************
Speaking of the birthday list:

Mileage tracking: I had a great week! 21.38 for a total of 100.68/600! I am back on track!

Completed: 5/38.

Until next time,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment