Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!!!











& so it is time to set some 2014 goals. These may look familiar as they are mostly a repeat of last year. I didn't actually meet any of my goals; however, as my recent fortune cookie revealed it is better to set a goal and not reach it then to not set a goal at all! (wonder if that Chinese food had anything to do with me not reaching my weight loss goal??? :) )

Anyway.... here are my 2013 failures:

1. Run/jog/walk 1000 miles. End of the year result: 914 

2. Read 100 books. End of the year result:82
3. Lose 25 pounds. End of the year result:No comment. I guess the good news is that I didn't gain any weight!

4. Get more organized. End of the year result: Closet/dresser are organized, make-up cleaned out & organized, couple of closets done. Still lots more to do!

5. Make one new recipe per week. End of the year result: 38


So, I am keeping all 5 of these for 2014 & adding a few more to it.
1. Run/jog/walk 1000 miles.
2. Read 100 books.
3. Lose 25 pounds.
4. Get more organized.
5. Make one new recipe per week.
6. Donate blood 4 times.
7. Try one new sport/physical activity.

A couple of difficult to measure goals include giving up soft drinks (this means more wine right????) & increasing charitable activites (not just donations!).

Until next time,
Lori


"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

No comments:

Post a Comment