Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

No pictures today, but trust me that Sam was adorable in her dress! You've all seen her, now just imagine her in this with a black head band and hot pink sandals. Maybe next time.




The reason I don't have pictures today is because my laptop crashed early last week. On Saturday, I trekked off to Best Buy to get a new one. Still working on getting it set up. Important things (like iTunes!) were moved first. Now, thanks to Carbonite, all of my other files are being magically transferred over ina process I don't really understand. All I know is I paid $50 a few months ago. Clicked some buttons last night and files are slowly showing up. According to the update bar, it will be "a few days" before the update is complete.

******

On Monday, a friend and I made a trip to Children's Hospital to deliver some donations that 2 troops of daisy scouts collected. There were lots of toys, games and art supplies for the sibling club house. This was a place where Samantha spent many, many hours. We also had cases of girl scout cookies for the oncology unit. Finally, we had a few items for the Ronald McDonald House. While there, we got a tour and I got to see some of the changes they have made over the past couple of years. As expected, it was bittersweet. It is nice to see the people and places, but hard none the less. Lots of memories in all of those areas.

******

Another friend and I are organizing The Inaugural Cancer Sucks 5K Fun Run/Walk which will be held on Saturday July 16, 2011. This race is designed to honor the memories of Cameron and my friend's wife Susan Ipacs. Proceeds from this event will benefit the Leukemia Research Fund at Nationwide Children's Hospital and the Melanoma Research Foundation. Look here for more information or on facebook. Also, you can email me for a registration form.

******

Mileage update:
I got in 12.28 miles this week for a total of 273.55.

I haven't done a good job tracking other goals in my book, but will have a better update on them for next week.


Until next time,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment