Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I am a 1/2 Marathoner!!





Can hardly believe it myself, but WE DID IT!!!& it was a FABULOUS experience! All of that training really paid off - despite technical difficulties (my iPod fizzled so I had no music!) I felt great during the race. I will so do that again! In fact, I am seriously looking at the Athens Half-Marathon in April 2012.

I saw a shirt at the Expo that really cracked me up - it said something like "Half Marathoner - I don't go all the way!" Would have bought it, but didn't seem appropriate for a middle-aged mom!

*****
"If you know someone who has lost a child, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died --you're not reminding them. They didn't forget they died. What you're reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived, and that is a great gift."
~ Elizabeth Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment