Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The quilt

Some of you may remember months ago when I mentioned that a friend was making a quilt for me from some of Cameron's shirts. It is finished and it is beautiful. It is large enough to cover a full-sized bed. So large that I could not get a good picture of it. The connecting pieces are cut from Cam's pajama pants. Each square is filled with memories. I haven't decided exactly what to do with it yet. For now, I have it safely stored. I will snuggle with it sometimes - it's just so precious to me that I don't want to do anything that may damage it.

Thank you so much Ellie.


The full quilt:


A few of my favorite squares:














This is a wonderful treasure. If I were more organized I would pair squares of the quilt with pictures of Cameron wearing the shirts. Maybe another day.
Lori

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD, that is beautiful! That is the coolest, most creative gift I've ever seen! Why can't I ever think of that sort of stuff? What an awesome way to remember Cameron.

    ReplyDelete